Evening Lecture Programme 2018
All evening lectures will be held at the Achill Archaeology Centre in Dooagh at 8:00 pm.
Below is the evening lecture schedule for 2017. The 2018 Lecture series will be published in March 2018. An exciting program of lectures and speakers is planned.
WATCH THIS SPACE!
Tuesday 30 May 2017 – Dr Kieran O’Conor, NUI Galway
- Rural Housing in Later Medieval Ireland
Tuesday 13 June 2017 – Maggie Ronayne, NUI Galway
- The Potential and Power of Community Archaeologies of the Recent Past: A Burren Story
Tuesday 27 June 2017 – Prof Audrey Horning, QUB/William and Mary
- Title – TBC
Tuesday 4 July 2017 – Dr Neil Carlin, UCD
- People, Places and Things: the life stories of Beaker polypod bowls in Ireland
- In this talk, Dr Carlin will discuss the archaeological evidence for the polypod bowls that have been found in Ireland, which form part of an assemblage of pots known as Beakers that were used across Europe around 2500 BC. He will share the story of how the details of my research into the use of these pots inspired a New Zealand ceramic artist, to create a sculpture which was destroyed at a public ceremony in Dublin in 2014.
Tuesday 18 July 2017 –Dr Kerri Cleary
- The Remains of the Day: Exploring the deposition of material culture on Irish Bronze Age settlements
Tuesday 1 August 2017 – Prof. Aidan O’Sullivan, UCD
- Building knowledge through Experimental Archaeology: Thinking about and reconstructing prehistoric and medieval houses